- One-day workshop in Garching; Apr. 29, 2016.
- Our article Fast asthenosphere motion in high-resolution global mantle flow models was published in Geophys. Res. Lett., Sep. 2015.
- Terra-Neo coding days in Garching; Aug. 03-04, 2015.
- Terra-Neo team meeting in Garching; July 29, 2015.
- The papers by our PhD students Aspects of Multigrid for Mantle Convection (Simon Baumann) and Resilience for Exascale Enabled Multigrid Methods (Markus Huber) were selected as two of three prize winners of the Student Paper Competition for the 2015 Copper Mountain Meeting on Multigrid Methods.
- Minisymposium announcement: Fast solvers for saddle-point problems with applications in fluid dynamics, ENUMATH 2015, Ankara, Turkey, Sep 14 - 18, 2015 (organizers: L. John, U. Rüde, B. Wohlmuth)
- Our paper Local mass-corrections for continuous pressure approximations of incompressible flow, appeared in SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis (link, pdf).
- C. Waluga gave a talk on Physics-aware solver concepts for geophysical applications on massively parallel architectures at the workshop Numerical Methods on High-Performance Computers in Heidelberg, Germany; Dec. 2014
- The article Towards Textbook Efficiency for Parallel Multigrid, was accepted for publication in Numerical Mathematics: Theory, Methods and Applications (special issue of the Weizmann Workshop 2013), 2014.
- Our manuscript Performance and Scalability of Hierarchical Hybrid Multigrid Solvers for Stokes Systems is accepted for publication in the SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 2014.
- Terra-Neo coding days in Erlangen; Oct. 29-31, 2014.
- Terra-Neo team meeting in Munich; July 17, 2014.
- Christian Waluga gave a talk on Designing Discretization Concepts for Terra-Neo at the ExaStencils Workshop, Technical University of Dresden, Mar 31-Apr 01, 2014
- Developers from FAU, LMU and TUM came together for the first TerraNeo coding days in Munich; Feb. 10-12, 2014.
- Minisymposium announcement: Towards Exascale Geophysical Flow Computations, 2014 SIAM Annual Meeting, Chicago, USA, July 7-11, 2014 (organizers: O. Ghattas, B. Gmeiner, C. Waluga; abstract)
- A visualization of a buoyancy driven non-isothermal flow simulation obtained with our TERRA-NEO prototype appeared as the October sheet of the 2014 DFG Math Calendar. Happy New Year; Jan. 2014.
- Minisymposium announcement: Toward Multilevel Solvers for Exascale, SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing and Scientific Computing, Portland, Oregon, USA, Feb 18 - 21, 2014 (organizers: M. Bolten, B. Gmeiner)
- H.-P. Bunge. published a SIAM News article on the Paleo-structure of the Earth's Mantle: Derivation from Fluid Dynamic Inverse Theory, December 2013.
- Björn Gmeiner gave a presentation on Performance and Scalability of Hierarchical Hybrid Multigrid Solvers for Stokes Systems at the workshop New Algorithms for Exascale Computing at the University of Cologne, Germany; Dec. 5, 2013
- Project workshop on Efficient Stokes Solvers and Inversion of Mantle Convection Models in Munich, Germany; Oct. 18-19, 2013
- U. Rüde attended the Exa-Scale Mathematics workshop in Washington DC, USA, Aug 21 - 22, 2013.
- Our prototype implementation of TERRA-NEO is listed in the High-Q-Club, the list of highest scaling codes on the Jülich Blue Gene/Q (JUQUEEN); Aug. 2013
- Tobin Isaac, (University of Texas, Austin, USA) visited the University Erlangen-Nuremberg to give a talk about Advanced simulation of polar ice sheets: meshing, parallel adaptivity, high-order discretization, robust scalable solvers, and inversion for basal boundary conditions; Jun. 25, 2013
- Project workshop on New Methods and Models in Mantle Convection in Pommersfelden, Germany; May 16-18, 2013
- Minisymposium announcement: Large scale computing with applications, MAFELAP 2013, Brunel University, Jun 10 - 14, 2013 (organizer: U. Rüde)
- Ben Bergen (Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, USA) visited the University Erlangen-Nuremberg to give a talk about Performance Tools for Modern Computing Architectures, Apr. 28, 2013.
- Kickoff meeting in Herrsching, Germany; Jan. 2-4, 2013.